Hope it’s not too late to update Perdaus readers our busy Ramadhan month!
Food Aid Update!
Subhanallah, we had an exciting internal fundraising campaign for Food Aid this – all thanks to YOU, parents of our Madrasah students!
Our SMS appeal to parents of secondary students went viral because of your generosity and good-heartedness to spread the news to your family and friends. Within three days, we managed to raise quite a sum for our annual Food Aid project!
Alhamdulillah for the bounty of Ramadhan.
What is the Food Aid Drive?
Food Aid Drive is an annual project that our Secondary 2 Madrasah Perdaus students partake by as part of their curriculum in experiential and service learning.
With the funds that we raised and the in-kind donations, we distributed goodie bags each containing a Giant Supermarket voucher for groceries, and a container of Hari Raya cookies to spread the Eid cheer, to several low-income families in several areas in Bedok North.
In all, our students distributed 20 goodie bags to the families, with guidance from officers from Fengshan Community Club.
Additional goodie bags will also be distributed to the families of our low-income students from both Bedok and Bukit Batok centres.
Most humbly, we hope that this had been a good opportunity for our students to reach out to the community to be in their service.
Together, we make the world go round
Thank you to Fengshan Community Centre and the Social Service Office @ Bedok for their assistance and cooperation in this project.
And not least of all, our students who spent one fasting day to help the less fortunate. We are proud of what you have done, and we pray that this spirit of helping others will stay with you
To see photos from the Food Aid and Ihya’ Ramadhan, click here to go to our Facebook Album.
But we are not done yet – it’s Ihya’ Ramadhan!
Secondary students were invited for the Khatam Al-Qur’an session after the Food Aid Drive. It culminates with an Iftar session with Madrasah students, followed by a congregational Maghrib prayer. What a good end to the day, subhanAllah.
Let’s recap our other Ramadhan activities…
- We welcomed Ramadhan (“Tarheeb Ramadhan“) with our extended family of Perdaus at the Kg Siglap Mosque in end May. Ma sha Allah, we had a good response!
- A life-affirming trip for our SPEX’16 youth participants at Pelepah Falls.
- Just before Ramadhan started too, we had a Tahseen Al-Fatihah session by the Akademi Cordoba instructors for our Akademi Cordoba workshop participants and KAD participants as well – more than 100 people turned up!
- Perdaus had a Ramadhan Food Drive with Hong Kah North Community Club on 5 June and an Iftar with the Community session the following week. Alhamdulillah we had student volunteers participating in both events.
- The Family of Iyad fundraising drive coupons for the FOI Hari Raya Gathering were all sold out, Alhamdulillah! Thank you for your support! Let’s watch a video of the fun gathering here.
- The annual Perdaus Klinik Ramadhan.
May our next Ramadhan be better than this, in sha Allah.